Friday, July 17, 2009

Your brethren- an easy mark

Howdy,

I have to admit that when I need a favor, my church is one of the first places I consider going to. So far I've

  • asked for money/donations for my cancer activities
  • asked for some help interviewing couples for a movie I'm making
  • gotten at least 2 quilts (and countless free meals)
  • received some emergency shelter and last minute rides home
  • gotten help moving
  • gotten an interview... and then a job from my youth pastor
  • asked for volunteers/donors for a blood drive

Yes, there's something to be said for a church community which will bail you out (not literally, who do you think I am?) of the hard times.

Maybe it's because I've known these folks for a quarter of a decade. Maybe there's some sort of residual guilt that they know I'll tell my parents if they don't help me.

...or maybe they're just good, decent people who know I wouldn't ask unless it was important to me. Ya never know. ;)

No comments: