Friday, June 12, 2009

Outnumbered isn't entirely bad...

I admit it, I ain't perfect.

A notion which I am sure you were all aware of, but should you need an incident of proof to warrant such a bold statement? I'm pretty sure I fell asleep in church on Sunday. (I maintain that it is not entirely reasonable to work a double, sleep a little, go running, and then be groggy in church.) Regardless, it happened and I was either alseep or just plain zoned out for the message. Whoops.

However, I was encouraged to hear that we were being prayed for. The week before the church had gone all Quakerly and didn't actually have a message. Gasp! We sat and prayed and sung hymns and just let it be all loosey-goosey. Gasp gasp! As a part of that, they stuck some post-its inside each bulletin and encouraged us to write down any prayer requests and stick 'em to the walls on the sides of the sanctuary.

I'm not a huge fan of standing in front of church and having the congregation pray for me. (I like any attention paid to me to be under my control. Y'know, dressing up like Batman, speaking Spanish, just plain being goofy.) Writing down a few little lines on a postit and slapping it up on a wall? I can do that. I went the "subtle" route and blended with the communion line.

Well, the next week (Sunday), Eugene told us we were being prayed for and that the pastors would walk through the room during the weekedays and he read some prayers in the service and ya get the idea. Made me feel a little better. I reckon its mostly because I'm slowly learning more and more to let go of things and let God take control.

Including my sleep schedule apparently...

No comments: