Thursday, May 21, 2009

That little "cool" factor

An area I'm still adjusting to is that I'm not used to being "Cool". Quakers aren't cool. We're spiffy, but not cool. We sit around in our family groups or are collections of people over 50 and enjoy the quiet.

In new-churchville, there are multiple group singers and musicians, discussions about Darth Vader equals Sanhedrins, and endless references to Facebook.

During our weekly "turn around and greet people section", I found at that a gal I went to high school with was sitting right behind me. She'd since moved to Oregon with her husband, but was told that this church was "the place to be".

...? That would never have happened to me at my Quaker homestead. The only high schooler I've ever seen there was the one I brought there -way- back in 1998. Oy.

I suppose as long as God is present it doesn't really matter... either way I'm just going to wear my same jeans and simple shirt. Sorry, no flashy/neato purposefully untucked button-up shirts or blazers for me. ;)

1 comment:

Jed Carosaari said...

Really? I always thought we were more phat.

Maybe fly.