Saturday, May 2, 2009

Gettin' those relationships...

When I started this whole church-search thing (which, in case you've missed me sayin' so, is over. I'm a stick-with-what-works kinda guy. I feel fine, thanks), one of my goals was to meet some nice, cute, interesting Christian gals.

And I have.

More importantly, I'd like to think I have a pretty fair start at a friendship with a rather interesting gal. We've e-mailed and now we're even Facebook pals. Awww....

Oh yeah, and she's engaged. (Twist!)

Yes, I will take whatever relationships come my way. Jogging buddies, church compatriots, female acquaintances, and even "more". But I'm rather content with what's come my way.

First off, she's a nice gal. Interesting. Family had a rough start, born Jewish, just got baptised last week (or is that last-last week now? I dunno.), an interesting person to be sure.

Then there are the cats at my small groups home who are ridiculously tiny and cute and don't mind me picking them up and mercilessly petting them. ;)

I have the people I can't live without. I have my associates. My coworkers. My fellow congregates. And some folks that are a gloriously messy hybrid of the above. All in all, I'd say I have a stash of interesting and amusing relationships.

Besides, if you're working on a relationship with Christ, why not start off with other mere mortals? They're good people, darn it.

No comments: