Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Sunday with no church. And I'm planning it that way!

Yes, scandal of scandals; this is the one Sunday a year where I plan to skip church.

http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/BigClimb?px=1071381&pg=personal&fr_id=1040

I figure it falls under the purview of Jesus healing on the Sabbath. (No, I'm not claiming to be just like Jesus! I'm just sayin', if it's good enough for him...) Hey, it's only one Sunday a year, right?

If nothing else, I consider it a way of thanking God for sparing my best friend and letting her survive cancer.

Best case scenario, I get some folks and friends to donate to a good cause. I get nothing out of it except exercise and time with my loved ones. (Well, maybe I'll get a mug and t-shirt. Nothing of "significant material or financial value", how's that?)

Breakin' the rules. And still okay with it. Go figure. ;) I reckon God'll understand and forgive me.

Who knows, God might even bless me too!

No comments: